I am often left scouring the kitchen high and low for a quick and easy recipe made from leftovers that will meet the rigorous criteria that I have for a meal. This poor man’s stir fry is not only the answer to our food prayers, but it’s a savory and flavorful meal that is whipped up in no time.
Enter the Curry Rice Noodles and Vegetable Stir Fry dish. This is a family favorite because it is a) delicious b) healthy c) inexpensive and d) easy to make. Please feel free to sub in whatever vegetables or proteins you may have on hand to make this your own.
Little K had almost 2 cups of this in one sitting, consider this dish toddler approved!
Curry Rice Noodles and Vegetable Stir Fry
- 1 tsp Avocado Oil
- 14 oz Pad Thai Rice Noodles
- 8 oz Cremini Mushrooms
- 3 Bell Peppers Yellow, Red, Orange
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 1 Red Onion
- 14 oz Green Beans
- 16 oz Spinach
- 12 oz Yellow Curry Sauce
- Boil a large pot of water and add in the rice noodles. Remove from heat and let it sit for 8-10 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- While the rice noodles are cooking, rinse and chop the mushrooms, broccoli bell peppers, onion, and green beans. In a wok or large sauté pan, cook the onions for 3 minutes, or until translucent. Add in the mushrooms, broccoli and green beans and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add in the bell peppers and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Next, add in the curry sauce and let it simmer for 7-8 minutes on medium/low heat. Mix in the cooked rice noodles and toss until well blended with the vegetables and curry.
- Serve warm and enjoy!