These Vegetarian Bean Tacos are are a great go to for a quick high protein meal. They are gluten free, vegetarian, soy free, vegan friendly, and dairy free. These bean and vegetable packed tacos bring a lot of flavor and they are adaptable to any diet.
Vegetarian Bean Tacos
- 4 soft taco shells flour or gluten free
- 1.5 cup spinach
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 baked sweet potato can also microwave
- 1 red onion
- 1 red, orange, or yellow bell pepper
- Over low-medium heat, warm up the tortillas until they are soft. In a small pot, warm up the refried beans, stirring occasionally.
- Chop the red onion and bell pepper while waiting for them to heat.
- Lay the tortilla flat and spread the refried beans around in the middle. Top with a handful or spinach and black beans.
- Next, slice the sweet potatoes and add them to the taco. Top with chopped red onion and bell pepper.
- Add a dollop of sriracha mayo (if vegan, use sriracha or hot sauce). Add on additional toppings like green onions, pumpkin seeds, cilantro, etc.
- Roll up the taco, folding in the bottom first. Enjoy!