These are the most delicious brussels sprouts I’ve ever had. Hands down. That may sound like a crazy thing to say, but feed these to your resident brussels sprouts hater, and you will turn them into a believer.
Often touted as one of the world’s healthiest foods, brussels sprouts are loaded in fiber, Vitamins C&K, folate, B6, manganese, choline, and have the highest concentration of glucosinolate of all cruciferous vegetables. Glucosinolates are phytonutrients that play a large roll in cancer prevention. So yes, they are amazing for you and can also be rather delicious.
This recipe can be adjusted to meet a vegan diet by swapping the butter for a vegan buttery spread. You may also choose to substitute olive oil for the butter if you are looking for a healthier choice with less saturated fat.
Buttery Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- 24 oz brussels sprouts or pre-shaved brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp butter or vegan butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinagarette
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Trim the ends of your brussels sprouts, then slice them in half. Add them slowly into a food processor using a large blade. If you don’t have a food processor, slice them lengthwise 3-4 times.
- Heat up 2 TBSP of butter or vegan butter in a large skillet or cast iron pan. Add the shaved brussels sprouts and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the salt, pepper, maple syrup and balsamic vinaigrette and stir to coat. Serve warm and enjoy!