This healthy and homemade pizza is packed with flavor and nutrition while still counting as a fun cheat meal! Pickled jalapeños, hearty spinach, and marinated mushrooms add over-the-top flavor while maintaining a well rounded nutrition profile.
I’ve been experimenting with Pizza recipes for years. Growing up in the NYC area, Pizza is a point of pride and for many; a way of life. We have moved around so frequently and the first new type of food we would seek out is Pizza, but we were always so disappointed. That was, until we created a delicious homemade Pizza that can be made in under 30 minutes! Even better, it’s flavor comes from the variety of vegetables and sauces on the pizza crust – this means any crust will work fantastically. We generally use a frozen Cauliflower pizza crust, but have also loved using Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust when time allowed.
I am quite obsessed with pickled jalapeños and can find almost any reason to integrate them into a recipe. Additionally, mushrooms and spinach have been my Pizza topping of choice since a young age – yes, I was that kid. Since I use frozen organic mushroom blends, I needed to also find a marinade to add some flavor to them, thus the coconut aminos, garlic powder and liquid smoke.
This pizza is versatile, it is a dairy free, soy free, gluten free, and vegan friendly recipe; but can also be adapted to any diet preference. Feel free to use gluten for your dough and mozzarella for your cheese if that suits you.
This will certainly be a family favorite or even a fun date night Pizza making experience.
Hearty & Whole Homemade Pizza
- 1 cauliflower pizza crust *or whatever your preference is
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella vegan cheese can also use a mix of cheddar and mozzarella
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapeños pickled if possible!
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 sliced yellow onion
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp liquid smoke
- Begin by preheating the oven to 425. Next, either make the dough for the pizza according to the package instructions or lay out the cauliflower pizza crust
- Put the mushrooms in a bowl and add the coconut aminos, liquid smoke, salt and garlic powder. Stir to combine and let it sit for 10 minutes
- Chop the onion and sautee in oil for 3 minutes, set aside
- Lightly rub olive oil on the crust and add 1/2 cup of the shredded vegan cheese
- Top with 1/2 of the spinach leaves, 1/2 of the mushrooms, 1/2 of the onion, and 1/2 of the jalapeños
- Next, add remaining cheese and top again with the remaining spinach leaves, mushrooms, onion, and jalapeños
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until the crust is cooked and the cheese is melted.
- Slice and enjoy!