Grab an extra big bag of tortilla chips (or two), because you are going to need it. This delicious and hearty guacamole recipe is made in 5 minutes with 6 simple ingredients and packs a mean punch of nutritional goodness.
Whether you are hosting a party or just want to curl up to watch a movie with a huge bowl of guacamole, this yummy recipe is so easy to make and has so much flavor packed into each bite. Using only whole and healthy ingredients in it’s construction, this recipe offers some serious nutrition. Want to know the secret to making the best guacamole ever? Read on.
Avocados are very high in Vitamins C , K, E and B6, and are a great source of folate, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, pantothenic acid, and potassium. While most of the calories in avocado come from fat, they also have decent levels of beta-carotene, lutein, and omega-3 fatty acids. This guac is rounded out with some awesome ingredients including: red onions, which are very high in antioxidants (cancer protective), cherry tomatoes, which are very high in potassium, and cilantro, which is also high in antioxidants.
Enough of the nutrition talk though. All of the health benefits aside, this dish will rock your world!
Looking for a delicious and stately cocktail to pair with the guacamole? Look no further, The Bourbon Manhattan is here.
Simple and Healthy Guacamole
- 4 large avocados
- 1/3 red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Slice the avocados in half and carefully remove the seed. Next, squeeze the avocado into a or using a mortar or a large bow and use the pestle or a spoon to mash the avocado.
- Chop the red onion, cherry tomatoes, and cilantro and add into the avocado mixture. Continue to stir and mash until all ingredients are folded in.
- Next, squeeze approx. 1 teaspoon of lime juice into the mixture and top with 1/2 tsp of salt. Once again, fold the ingredients into the mixture.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, sliced vegetables, or add to your favorite toast. Enjoy!