These Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Tahini Dressing are absolutely delicious. Made with 7 simple ingredients and ready in 45 minutes, they are just as nutritious are they are addictive. Vegan, dairy free, soy free, and gluten free, these potatoes will please everyone in your home.
Anyone in the market for a “crack potato” recipe? Today is your lucky day! This highly nutritious recipe is seriously yummy. Drizzled with a savory tahini and adorned with dill, chives, and garlic powder, there is a ton of guilt free flavor going on here.
Potatoes are high in fiber, potassium, vitamins C and B6, iron, phosphorous, calcium, choline, folate, magnesium, and zinc. Given it’s impressive nutrition, potatoes are wonderful for heart health, bone health, skin, and reducing inflammation. Additionally, Tahini is high in protein and healthy fats and contains thiamine, magnesium, copper, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, and iron, making this paste a serious powerhouse of nutrition packed into a one tablespoon serving. Tahini is great for hormone balancing, lowering blood pressure, regulating cholesterol and it boosts nutrient absorption.
This dish is so much fun to make! I hope you enjoy it.
Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Tahini Dressing
- 4 lbs yukon gold potatoes small or medium
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chives, dried
- 1 tbsp dill, dried
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Thoroughly wash and scrub the potatoes. Next, boil the potatoes in a large pot of water for 25 minutes
- Once boiled, remove from water and rinse off with cold water. With a potato masher (or the bottom of a baking sheet if you don't have a potato masher), press down firmly on each potato until they are about 1 1/2 inches thick
- Once all potatoes are smashed, grease a baking with olive oil, more if needed, and place the potatoes on the sheet carefully with a spatula. If they fall apart, you can squish them back together with your hands. Spray or rub the tops with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the chives, dill, garlic powder, and salt over top of the potatoes. Drizzle with tahini and serve.