Air fried to perfection, these kale chips pack tons of flavor with a hint of spice. Using all healthy ingredients and cooked in under 10 minutes, these kale chips are just as nourishing as they are addictive.
What’s not to love about this recipe? It’s a super delicious snack that is also stacked with health benefits. The chips are super satisfying; they are crispy and the sauce brings forward spicy and savory flavors.
Kale is one of the most nutrient dense foods out there. This leafy green is packed with Vitamins A, K, C, B (B1, B2, B3, B6) Copper, Potassium, Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, and Phosphorous. It also includes a small amount of ALA (alpha linolenic-acid), an Omega 3 fatty acid. Kale is high in antioxidants and is believed to lower cholesterol and, thus, cardiovascular risk. It is also comprised of many nutrients that support vision and eye health (lutein, zeaxanthin).
When you factor in the additional health benefits of nutritional yeast and tahini, this dish is a true nutrient powerhouse. Additional benefit? It’s maniacally good and you will love it.
Sriracha Tahini Kale Chips
- air fryer
- 10 oz bag of kale or 2 bunches of kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp water
- If not using a bag of stemmed and chopped kale, remove the tough stems form the bunch of kale and tear the leaves into bite sized pieces. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels and place in a large bowl
- In a smaller bowl, combine nutritional yeast, tahini, sriracha, garlic powder, salt, and water
- Pour the mixture over the large bowl of kale leaves and mix around to combine
- Set the air fryer to 390 degrees. Place half of the mixture in the tray and cook for 5 minutes, turning half way through
- Remove the cooked chips and replace with the other half. Repeat cooking instructions
- Once finished, combine the chips and serve immediately or store in an air tight container for 3 days.